Monday 15 May 2017

EVALUATION QUESTION 1- IN WHAT WAYS DOES YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT USE, DEVELOP OR CHALLENGE FORMS AND CONVENTIONS OF REAL MEDIA PRODUCTS

In this post I will be talking about how our opening sequence compares with the codes and conventions of existing thriller movie, I would firstly like to point out that in my opinion I think that our thriller movie is completely unique and I have never seen a film with such an obscure story line and idea, the idea of a stalker who likes to cut hair has never been done, there have been existing films where killers liked to take certain things but never hair so we chose and idea that has never been done, the music we chose to use is in complete juxtaposition to the shots on screen we chose fast paced and joyful music compared to the eerie stalkers den on the screen, but we did use a sound effect with was very creepy during the following scenes to create suspense for the audience which is a well known convention in thriller movies, most of the camera angles and shots we used were stereotypical thriller movie shots but we showed creativeness by making our own security camera shot by using simple editing and a higher camera angle, I have never seen a shot like that in a thriller movie so we have gone against the conventions there to be unique.






here is a powerpoint to back up my thoughts on how we used or challenged the codes and conventions of a stereotypical thriller movie using examples from my film and examples of existing thriller films in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment